Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Welcome

Welcome to my first posting to the new "Arlis/ANZ President's blog"

I'm hoping that this will be a quick, simple way for me to communicate with the Arlis/ANZ community.

By posting to the blog and replying to posts, I invite you to join me in throwing around ideas; participating in decision making and generally getting involved in discussions with other Arlis members from around Australia and New Zealand, about the issues which matter to us.

It's intended that the blog will complement our existing communication mechanisms, such as the Discussion List and chapter email lists, and provide an interactive forum for people to post comments and feedback. It's an experimental thing - so we'll see how it goes!

All you need is a free Google Account to post comments on this blog - so go to Google, sign up, and post a comment - let me know what you think!

cheers
Ellen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great blog Ellen - nice way to keep in touch with the membership. Why don't you add links to the ARLIS/ANZ site and wikis in the sidebar?

Carter said...

Ellen,

I am part of a large ARLIS/NA community of students and new professionals who communicate via the ArLiSNAP blog. I highly recommend this as a method of sharing collective knowledge and jump-starting discussion!